First, we’ll mention that it’s FREE!
You may also see Employer Identification Number (EIN). Don’t worry, EIN and FEIN are the same thing. Not every small business needs a FEIN, but many do?
IF YOU PLAN ON:
- Hiring employees, including household employees
- Opening a Business bank account
- Start a business line of credit
- Selling Alcohol, Tobacco or Firearms
- Plan on operating as a corporation, partnership or an LLC
- Representing an estate that operates a business after the owner’s death.
Said YES to any one of these? Continue Reading…
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility…
- You may apply for an EIN online if your principal business is in the United States or U.S. Territories.
- The person applying online must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, ITIN, EIN).
- You are limited to one EIN per responsible party per day.
Step 2: Understand the Online Application…
- You must complete this application in one session, as you will not be able to save and return at a later time. Trust us, it’s a quick process.
- Your session will expire after 15 minutes of inactivity, and you will need to start over.
Step 3: Submit Your Application…
- After all, validations are done you will get your EIN immediately upon completion. You can then download, save, and print your EIN confirmation notice. Keep it close by, you’ll be using it often in the beginning process.